Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Past Project: Harquebus AKA Hackbutt

 The last two crochet magazines I bought had features on Tunisian crochet and I was reminded of this little guy.
This is Harquebus. He's named after a gun. He supposed to be a lovable monster. Like the Big Friendly Giant, in crocheted puppet form.
He was created in the early 2008. This was my first attempt at Tunisian crochet. I really enjoyed creating him cause I didn't outright suck when I first tried this technique. I have tried to make more things with Tunisian but I been discouraged by things not going too well. My sister had asked for a set of place mats and I found a pattern for an "x" texture stitch. 2 words: no bueno.
I think those magazines are trying nudge me back to "the love child of knit and crochet."

1 comment:

  1. How cute is this little fellow? I've heard the tunisian crochet is difficult and although I've been crocheting for years I've never tried it. You must be very talented! I look forward to seeing more items. I try to keep it simply so I don't get aggravated. I just hate taking things apart and restarting. Don't you? Also, thanks for being my first follower! I gave you a shout out on my page :o)

    ReplyDelete